Attorney Kathleen Reiley, S. C., Milwaukee WI Divorce Family Law Lawyer Custody Support Paternity Mediation Collaborative Divorce Litigation

About | Contact Us | Map & Directions | Call Today! (414) 369-6309

30 Years Of
Successful Practice

child Custody, Physical Placement & Visitation

Legal Custody Of A Child

Legal custody is a phrase that refers to the legal relationship you have to your minor child. As it applies to a parent, it is the right and responsibility to make major decisions concerning the child, except with respect to specified decisions as set forth by the court or the parties in the final judgment or order. According to the statutes, major decisions include but are not limited to, decisions regarding consent to marry, consent to enter military service, consent to obtain a motor vehicle operator's license, authorization for non-emergency health care and choice of school and religion.

For more about Legal custody of children under Wisconsin Law << click there.

Physical Placement of a child

Physical placement means the condition under which a parent or legal custodian has the right to have a child physically placed with that party and has the right and responsibility to make, during that placement, routine daily decisions regarding the child's care, consistent with major decisions made by a person having legal custody.

For more about court ordered physical placement of children under Wisconsin law << click there.

Visitation of a child

Visitation Visitation is used in the statutes to reference time awarded by the court that a grandparent, great grandparent, step parent, or person who has maintained a relationship similar to a parent-child relationship with the child may be entitled to spend with the child. Visitation does not have any legal custodial rights or obligations associated with it.

For more information, click >> Visitation

Grandparents Visitation Rights of a child

Grandparents' Visitation Rights are perceived by many Wisconsin attorneys as being far too difficult to obtain, however Attorney Kathleen Reiley has helped many grandparents obtain court ordered visitation rights.

For more information about Grandparents' Visitation Rights << click there.

Call Milwaukee Divorce Attorney Kathy Reiley Today

For a consultation with Attorney Kathleen Reiley, please call (414-369-6309) her office or send Kathleen Reiley an email and ask for a call back.

Top of the page